Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: rdonson on June 18, 2007, 09:35:00 pm
-
Yesterday and last night I made a number of prints with my profile for Epson Enhanced Matte paper. Today when I began printing again the print driver said:
"Calibration data for selected paper type is invalid. ....launch HP Easy Printer Care to calibrate." I did and it printed and read the patches.
This wouldn't bother me except that the profile is a month old. I created it after installing the latest firmware and driver. Is it normal for this to happen on a monthly basis?
-
Yesterday and last night I made a number of prints with my profile for Epson Enhanced Matte paper. Today when I began printing again the print driver said:
"Calibration data for selected paper type is invalid. ....launch HP Easy Printer Care to calibrate." I did and it printed and read the patches.
This wouldn't bother me except that the profile is a month old. I created it after installing the latest firmware and driver. Is it normal for this to happen on a monthly basis?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123635\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Calibration and profiling are 2 different things. Calibration adjusts the printer to match the paper. You have to calibrate a given paper before you can profile it. One of the few features that I really liked about the printer.
Logically recalibration shouldn't require reprofiling. (I gave up on the printer so I didn't use it long enough to verify this).
-
The HP Easy Printer Care utility ran just the calibration this time, it didn't ask me to create another profile. I understand the difference between the two. I'd profiled this paper a month ago - when I did it performed both steps: calibration and the patches for the ICC profile.
Sorry you gave up on the printer. I still very much like this even though its early in its life.
-
Linearization a.k.a. calibration expires every month so the printer can manage the aging of printheads, ink and its changing environmental conditions. It's another reason the z is such a wonderful concept.
You don't need to rebuild the ICC profile. At least, I have found no reason to do so.
-
Linearization a.k.a. calibration expires every month so the printer can manage the aging of printheads, ink and its changing environmental conditions. It's another reason the z is such a wonderful concept.
You don't need to rebuild the ICC profile. At least, I have found no reason to do so.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123705\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks, Sean. Yeah, I just needed to do the calibration. I didn't realize it expired on a monthly basis, hence the question. I guess this has been the first 30 day period without a firmware update since I got the machine.
-
You don't need to rebuild the ICC profile. At least, I have found no reason to do so.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123705\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The little Quick Reference Guide on page 38 says "you can later recalibrate without needing to recreate the color profile".
-
Yesterday and last night I made a number of prints with my profile for Epson Enhanced Matte paper. Today when I began printing again the print driver said:
"Calibration data for selected paper type is invalid. ....launch HP Easy Printer Care to calibrate." I did and it printed and read the patches.
This wouldn't bother me except that the profile is a month old. I created it after installing the latest firmware and driver. Is it normal for this to happen on a monthly basis?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123635\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I confess that I consider this issue the same as monitor calibration. Which is to say, I'm aware that I don't recalibrate as often as the gurus would recommend, as long as my prints continue to come out looking great. I would recalibrate the printer before doing any big job that requires peak color accuracy, but most of my work is landscape, so I'm happy to get around to it every couple of months or so.