Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dajaka on June 16, 2007, 03:26:34 pm

Title: Z3100 3" roll insert problem - solved?
Post by: dajaka on June 16, 2007, 03:26:34 pm
I don't know if I'm alone in this but removing the blue endcaps from 3" paper rolls on my Z3100 with the 3" inserts in place is very difficult.

This morning I carefully removed one of the metal springs (there are 2 on each insert) from the inserts and now I can easily remove the endcaps from the roll with one hand.
Title: Z3100 3" roll insert problem - solved?
Post by: rdonson on June 16, 2007, 05:07:13 pm
Quote
I don't know if I'm alone in this but removing the blue endcaps from 3" paper rolls on my Z3100 with the 3" inserts in place is very difficult.

This morning I carefully removed one of the metal springs (there are 2 on each insert) from the inserts and now I can easily remove the endcaps from the roll with one hand.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123157\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Great tip.  Thanks.  My 3" inserts are currently being held hostage by a roll of Epson Enhanced Matte and I look forward to retrieving them.
Title: Z3100 3" roll insert problem - solved?
Post by: neil snape on June 17, 2007, 01:02:40 pm
Quote
I don't know if I'm alone in this but removing the blue endcaps from 3" paper rolls on my Z3100 with the 3" inserts in place is very difficult.

This morning I carefully removed one of the metal springs (there are 2 on each insert) from the inserts and now I can easily remove the endcaps from the roll with one hand.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123157\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Nice tip. Could I put it on my review?

I hate the mounts on the HP printers. Not user friendly, ill conceived. There must be something or some better way.

Thanks again for the tip.
Title: Z3100 3" roll insert problem - solved?
Post by: dajaka on June 18, 2007, 09:36:48 am
Neil,

Feel free to pass this on. Its a little tricky getting the spring off but if you look at it I'm sure anyone could figure it out.