Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: terence_patrick on June 11, 2007, 06:12:09 pm
-
I'm just getting started with LR 1.0 and am getting stuck with some importing issues. If I have a folder with images already inside, how can I get the new file numbers to follow the last number used? What I typically get are file numbers starting back at 1, especially if the newly imported files are from a different working session (as if the existing files were imported days ago).
ETA: I've tried hitting F2 to rename, but I can't seem to match my custom file naming while being able to control what number comes first.
Thanks all.
-
My advice?
Take note of the last number before you start importing. Add 1 to this number and place it in the renaming section of the import dialog.
As to your custom naming.. create a text template preset for the file naming. There are a few places to do this. F2 is one of them. Hit F2 and click the drop down menu. It may say Filename or Custom Text - Sequence or similar. Click Edit...
Now use the tokens to create the naming preset you want to use on your images. For instance I use Custom Text-DDMMYY-3 dig sequence for my images. Others use YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS-Seq.
Save this when you are done.
To update images from 2 sessions, use Capture time to sort and then use F2 to select your new preset.