Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: treamer on June 11, 2007, 05:16:08 am

Title: Core Holders for the IPF8000
Post by: treamer on June 11, 2007, 05:16:08 am
Hi Guys,

Could someone who has a IPF8000 please tell me what the deal is with the roll-holders.

I notice on the box contents that it doesn’t specify that any roll holders are supplied (although one is shown on the illustration). I just need some advice on whether I should quickly order both roll holders.

I am suprised if they sell a printer that if mainly purposed for roll printing with the native ability to print on roll media.

Thanks for you help.

Marcus

IPF8000 Blog (http://ipf8000.wordpress.com)
Title: Core Holders for the IPF8000
Post by: Happyfish on June 11, 2007, 08:18:16 am
Comes with a 2 inch only
you will need to buy a 3 inch

I did see a article on how to make a adapter for 3 inch rolls somewhere ?
Title: Core Holders for the IPF8000
Post by: colinm on June 11, 2007, 01:07:16 pm
As Happyfish has mentioned, the printer should include the 2-inch roll holder.

If you're not in the mood to drop another several hundred bucks right away for the 3-inch holder (Why, Canon, why?!), you can use the 2 inch holder for 3-inch core papers. Just mount the paper as usual and load it up. It will unravel a marginal amount, and it'll be more of a pain to remove the paper when you're done, but it works.
Title: Core Holders for the IPF8000
Post by: treamer on June 12, 2007, 03:26:33 am
Thanks guys, you really saved my bacon on this one.

I will order the 3" holder now, as I know I have 3" core media ordered.

Thanks again.
Title: Core Holders for the IPF8000
Post by: Christopher on June 12, 2007, 04:39:55 am
You have to roder the 3in stuff extras ? LOL that can only be Canon...