Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Peter Kelly on June 08, 2007, 03:02:27 pm
-
I have had my 3800 for about a week and things are great except I am unable to get full size prints on some 17x25 Micro Ceramic Luster using Lightrom. Basically my prints come out as 8.5x11 in one corner of the paper
Here is what I have done to accomodate the non standard paper size:
I have created a custom paper size in Page Set Up of 17x25 with 0.00 as margins
I click Maximise Size Centred in the Template box and the image shows up as completely filling the frame
17x25 shows up in the top left corner of the print screen
The Cell size shows 17x25 with no margins
In the Print Set Up box I select the 17x25 option and then my usual settings
Print comes out as 8.5x11 in the corner of the 17x25 paper
Can anyone help - this is getting frustrating and I am wasting a lot of ink and paper fiddling with the settings but to no avail.
Same problem when printing from Photoshop with an image that was sized at 17x25
Is there a setting I am missing?
Thanks
-
Hi Peter, can you please explain what you mean by "0 for the margins". You see, the 3800 can't print 0-margin 17x25. in other words, you can't do borderless 17x25 on the 3800. There needs to be at least a 0.12" margin on each edge of the sheet. Maybe you meant something else?
Out of curiosity, have you tried printing a 17x25 from photoshop? I know you want to print from Lightroom; just trying to determine whether it's a LR setup issue or an Epson driver setup issue, or something else ...
-
Hi Peter, can you please explain what you mean by "0 for the margins". You see, the 3800 can't print 0-margin 17x25. in other words, you can't do borderless 17x25 on the 3800. There needs to be at least a 0.12" margin on each edge of the sheet. Maybe you meant something else?
Out of curiosity, have you tried printing a 17x25 from photoshop? I know you want to print from Lightroom; just trying to determine whether it's a LR setup issue or an Epson driver setup issue, or something else ...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121819\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Just ammended my post to advise that I have the same problem in photoshop
In the custom size section of the Page setup I can set custom margins and I set them at 0.00
Do you think this could be the problem
thanks
-
Just ammended my post to advise that I have the same problem in photoshop
In the custom size section of the Page setup I can set custom margins and I set them at 0.00
Do you think this could be the problem
thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121821\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Margins are not the problem I set them to the minimum but unfortunately I still get the same result
I am really baffled! -any help would be appreciated
-
Margins are not the problem I set them to the minimum but unfortunately I still get the same result
I am really baffled! -any help would be appreciated
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121822\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Eureka problem solved - the issue was the one identified on Eric Chan's blog when printing custom sizes with a Mac the measuring units have to be the same in the printing application and the OS. I had centimetres in one and inches in another.
I am grateful for all the information on Eric's blog - it's a great help with this printer - thank you
-
Great you found the answer.
How embarrassing; I had the answer on my own site and didn't even remember it.