Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Carol on June 08, 2007, 05:51:41 am

Title: New Adobe CMM - what benefits does it bring??
Post by: Carol on June 08, 2007, 05:51:41 am
Adobe have just released a new standalone CMM for both Windows and Mac.

After installing it I now have the new option of 'Adobe CMM' as well as the old 'Adobe ACE' and 'Microsoft ICM'.

What benefits does the new CMM bring to the table??  As it is new, I would expect benefits, otherwise resources would not have been wasted in creating it, but what benefits??
Title: New Adobe CMM - what benefits does it bring??
Post by: Hermie on June 08, 2007, 06:45:09 am
> What benefits

- For developers who want to integrate Adobe CMM in their software.
- Software that allows for usage of different CMM's
Title: New Adobe CMM - what benefits does it bring??
Post by: digitaldog on June 09, 2007, 07:47:24 pm
Quote
Adobe have just released a new standalone CMM for both Windows and Mac.

After installing it I now have the new option of 'Adobe CMM' as well as the old 'Adobe ACE' and 'Microsoft ICM'.

What benefits does the new CMM bring to the table??  As it is new, I would expect benefits, otherwise resources would not have been wasted in creating it, but what benefits??
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121758\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you're using some software (non Adobe) that can access other CMM's it be useful. I understand (but havnen't tried) that it doesn't fly in Quark. But friends don't let friends use Quark so it doesn't really matter much to me. In fact, all the software I use to do conversions is built by Adobe so its a moot point. But it is nice that Adobe has opened up their technology to those who want to use it.