Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: yodasz on June 07, 2007, 01:35:47 am
-
Sometime next year I'm going to buy a A3+ sized printer for high quality prints of commercial quality. Before doing this, I wanted to compare some first hand information about the 3 (?) major printing systems I know of. What's more is that I do not know if these printers will be replaced by newer ones in the next months, in which case it would be better to wait some more. I'd be very grateful for any advices
-
Sometime next year I'm going to buy a A3+ sized printer for high quality prints of commercial quality. Before doing this, I wanted to compare some first hand information about the 3 (?) major printing systems I know of. What's more is that I do not know if these printers will be replaced by newer ones in the next months, in which case it would be better to wait some more. I'd be very grateful for any advices
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=121532\")
Hi There,
All 3 brands certainly have there merits and flaws. Personally I would look at not only the quality you can expect from the printer, but the long term running costs.
I am a big fan of the continuous ink systems supplied by companies like inksupply.com and inkrepublic.com which allow you to print for one tenth of the price of manufactures ink and even with better quality inks.
To this end I would say that the Epsons are the winning here as they having the most compatibility with CFS. Some Canons are supported but no HP's are at all. As the HP's have there printheads on the cartridge.
Have a look at the r1800 and r2100, both excellent. Or if you just want to dip you toe in for now, pick up a second hand 1290 and get the ink system. This is what i have and i must say it's excellent.
You can read my opinions of this at [a href=\"http://ipf8000.wordpress.com]My Blog[/url]
-
I would buy something used today. In the not too distant future Epson will present its latest offering. Should be very interesting as they too will include a spectro in the head. I doubt that Epson will be silly enough to try to offer a package at additional cost if you want the best profiling the way HP did. Epson needs to get to a point where less ink is wasted but ink wastage may be unavoidable with the piezo heads they use.
-
I see, but is there no issue with the longivity of the ink with these continuous ink systems? I mean if I weren't to print every day 3 prints, is there no problem the the ink will dry up or something like that.
-
Vincent at Photo-i.co.uk has just completed a comparison of all three pigment printers from Canon, Epson, and HP.
http://photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/printers/Pigs/page_1.html (http://photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/printers/Pigs/page_1.html)
-
Vincent at Photo-i.co.uk has just completed a comparison of all three pigment printers from Canon, Epson, and HP.
http://photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/printers/Pigs/page_1.html (http://photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/printers/Pigs/page_1.html)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121578\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Great, thanks a lot!