Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dkabat on June 06, 2007, 11:34:49 am
-
Just hookd my new 3800 to the network and too many things don't work. Want to use USB but I need about 17' to connect. Has anyone used a USB hub to get the extra length.
Thanks
Dan
-
Just hookd my new 3800 to the network and too many things don't work. Want to use USB but I need about 17' to connect. Has anyone used a USB hub to get the extra length.
Thanks
Dan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121412\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
What kinds of issues? I am having problems too (Mac OS X) and await a call from a tech guy.
In my case, I can connect but IF I turn the printer off, it loses the connection.
Lastly, you can use a huge USB cable.
-
Printing and all works fine but I cannot use the screen to see ink as others have posted and cannot update firmware. Instead of using workarounds, might as well just make USB now and forget about it.
Think I will go out and get a hub and see what happens.
Thanks for your help.
Dan
-
Just hookd my new 3800 to the network and too many things don't work. Want to use USB but I need about 17' to connect. Has anyone used a USB hub to get the extra length.
Thanks
Dan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121412\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I connect to my 3800 via two USB cables and USB hub. Works fine. (Can't say the same about the ethernet connection, however...)
-
Just got a hub and installed everything and now no problems.
Thanks for your reposnes.
Dan
-
After some initial problems with DHCP I have found that by using a fixed IP address the 3800 is very stable. I am able to use LFP panel and apply firmware upgrades over the network.
It's worth trying a static IP address.