Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: goer on June 05, 2007, 02:33:45 pm

Title: Photoshop vs Imageprint 6.1
Post by: goer on June 05, 2007, 02:33:45 pm
I have been working with ImagePrint 6.1 with all the bells and whistles(Phatte Black and PTAPP or whatever the title is for the software that just lets me print direct from Photoshop). I had a problem this morning. I recalibrated the monitor. Everything looked fine. I hit print on a job and wow it looked like crap. I went through everything and finally got a decent print out of Photoshop ( It printed darker than the monitor). I printed out of CIP next just see what would happen and it looks fine. What could I have done to get different prints all of a sudden from Photoshop? I don't remember changing anything. Any and all help appreciated.
Title: Photoshop vs Imageprint 6.1
Post by: goer on June 06, 2007, 08:57:20 am
Really trying here. I've gotten things better. Photoshop now only prints the image darker than what appears on the monitor. I've been checking everything. In CS2/Edit/Color settings I have many areas to choose from. These look different from the last time I remember using them. I have the correct RGB working space selected. In CMYK I have many choices currently U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2 is selected. I'm not sure that's a good thing. In Color Management Policies everything is checked preserve. For Conversion options. Engine:Adobe (ACE) is selected and Intent is set on Relative Colorimetric which I think is okay. Also in Working Spaces Gray and Spot have a dot gain of 20%. I'm noticing no response to my help request. Please tell me anything even if it's get lost. Thanks.
Title: Photoshop vs Imageprint 6.1
Post by: goer on June 06, 2007, 09:02:54 am
I've also noticed in ColorSync I can't locate the preferences settings or the CMMs.
Title: Photoshop vs Imageprint 6.1
Post by: photographist on June 06, 2007, 01:55:25 pm
Hey guy ...

 When you say you recallibrated your monitor, was this the 1st time that you've callibrated it?  If not, was it the same hardware, software and release versions?

Thanks!
Title: Photoshop vs Imageprint 6.1
Post by: goer on June 06, 2007, 04:24:56 pm
Thanks for everyone's help. Between me and ImagePrint we got it figured out.
Title: Photoshop vs Imageprint 6.1
Post by: dgillilan on June 08, 2007, 08:07:08 am
Quote
Thanks for everyone's help. Between me and ImagePrint we got it figured out.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121455\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

HI - I would be interested in knowing what was wrong and how you got it printing correctly again, as I am considering purchase of an ImagePrint software. Please tell us how you corrected the issue,
Thank you, Debra
Title: Photoshop vs Imageprint 6.1
Post by: shapack on June 08, 2007, 10:54:14 am
Hi,

I would also like to know what you worked out with Imageprint.  I use Imageprint with the PTAPP and love it.  Also I calibrate with Eye One Display Three.  Two months ago I purchased a 23" Apple monitor and have had serious issues with prints since regardless of the program from which I am printing.  I've worked with Apple, but can't seemed to reach a tech person who understands color management.  The only way prints come close to what I see on the monitor is if I turn the brightness setting of the monitor to very, very low.  Otherwise prints are oversaturated and so muddy.  Color calibration doesn't correct this problem.

Anyone with suggestions other than get rid of the Mac monitor?

Thank you,
Sharon