Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: larry_t on June 03, 2007, 08:24:18 am

Title: Canon Pro9000 ink costs
Post by: larry_t on June 03, 2007, 08:24:18 am
I am in the market for a 13" wide printer. The printer will only be used for producing fine art prints for a portfolio which will have a short life span, therefore pigment ink is not a requirement.

The Canon Pro9000 seems a good option but has anyone figured out the approximate ink cost per square foot? (for photographic prints)

Thanks, Larry
Title: Canon Pro9000 ink costs
Post by: haefnerphoto on June 03, 2007, 02:37:19 pm
Larry, I've got three of the 9000's.  They do a fine and fast job printing color images (B/W is not it's forte).  I've never stopped to determine the cost/ft2 but doubt if there's another printer more expensive.  Since I'm involved in advertising, longevity is not a big consideration (the prints are used for clients to mark up for retouching).  I also use the printers to print my portfolios which are out of date by the time they would fade.  The speed and color quality are these units strong points.  Jim