Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: tjloeb on May 31, 2007, 10:26:36 am
-
This link will take you to the new version of Camera RAW 4.1. I downloaded it last night and it seems to work just fine.
I guess Adobe jumped their own release date a bit. This first URL is the instruction page. It has a button to take you to the actual download.
(Instruction Page, Read Mes, etc.) http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3649 (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3649)
(Download Page) http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/tha...649&fileID=3427 (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=3649&fileID=3427)
Be sure and check the location for the file on your system.
Tom Loeb
-
This can also be accessed by simply launching Photoshop and selecting "Updates..." if the Adobe Updater doesn't automatically begin downloading it for you.
Edit: WOOT! Mine seems to be downloading a little something called "Bridge CS3 2.1 Update" right now
-
Hi,
I have downloaded and installed the new 4.1 RAW update and DNG converter along with CS3. I also have the new Canon EOS-1D-MarkIII, which uses a new raw (CR2) format.
My new copy of CS3 opens and converts the Mark III's raw files just fine, but Lightroom will not recognize the new CR2 format.
I was wondering if any of you have been able to open the new CR2's with Lightroom? Is there a place to tell Lightroom to use the new 4.1 converter? If so, I have not found it. I have tried re-installing several times, to no avail.
Thanks for any assistance,
MKreb.
-
I think that in LR 1.0 there is no support for the new RAW format. You will have to wait for 1.1 which should not take long, now that Camera Raw 4.1 is released.
-
As I find more info around the net, that is what I am thinking also. It looks like I will have to wait for an upgrade to LR. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something....thanks.
-
As I find more info around the net, that is what I am thinking also. It looks like I will have to wait for an upgrade to LR. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something....thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122078\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
AFAIK if you use the new DNG convertor Lightroom should be able to read the file. Now, I've no way to check, but it still might be worth a try.
-
AFAIK if you use the new DNG convertor Lightroom should be able to read the file. Now, I've no way to check, but it still might be worth a try.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122237\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Converting the images to DNG using DNG Converter 4.1 will allow Lightroom to read the files. Camera Raw 3.x using Bridge 1.x will also read these DNG files correctly.
-
As I find more info around the net, that is what I am thinking also. It looks like I will have to wait for an upgrade to LR. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something....thanks.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=122078\")
You can't use Camera Raw 4.1 with Lightroom. The same technology will be incorporated into Lightroom 1.1, but Lightroom has a different user interface to the same Camera Raw engine, so can't just use the Camera Raw plug-in.
The [a href=\"http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/]Official Lightroom blog[/url] says that the work round for those needing the new camera support is, indeed, to use DNG Converter 4.1 until Lightroom 1.1 ships.
Talking of plug-ins, Adobe's intention is to allow third parties to create Lightroom plug-ins in the future, but this support will not make it in Lightroom 1.1 - one of the replies to a comment in the Official Lightroom blog is "A plug-in API for third party software is very important for Lightroom but will not be included in Lightroom 1.1. - TH".
David