Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: paulocarvalho-photography on May 29, 2007, 01:27:27 pm
-
Hi,
I’m new in big format printing. I need some help.
I have a Canon 5D and I need make some 40'' prints for a gallery.
I will use CS3 for interpolation and print, Nik and Photokit for raw sharpen and print sharpening. Epson 9800 printer.
What do you suggest?
Print @ 180 ppi using the less interpolation possible?
or
Print @ 300 ppi using the interpolation needed?
or
What?
King regards,
And sorry my English
You can see a little movie with the photos:
www.paulocarvalho-photography.com
-
My personal opinion is to stay with 300 dpi. 40" isn't that large that you need to drop down to a lesser amount.
This is assuming you are printing from a raw file which becomes a tiff and not a jpeg.
You can use Genuine Fractals to help you upsize the file. It is a great program for this .
-
Why not print a section of the image both ways and see which one you prefer?
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com
-
I’m new in big format printing. I need some help.
I have a Canon 5D and I need make some 40'' prints for a gallery.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=120131\")
See: [a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17123]Uprez-5D to 100MB 8bit CMYK 300DPI[/url]
and...
Hey Shewe the Sharpener... (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16827)
and...
Best resizing technique for prints? (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16836)
In fact, a quick forum search provided these threads: Forum Search Results on Resizing (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=7d5630ef0f89cf3dc0cf7bcd9f43cb39&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=resizing)
Lots of stuff already posted...
-
Depends on the image content...for portraiture your best bet is probably a target output of 240-300 PPI using Bicubic Smoother. And then sharpen based on the image. For images with a lot of micro detail you may have to do move selective sharpening but you should still be able to pull it off, depends on the original too. My prefrence is to do final editing on an image that is sized to output, and the bicubic smoother option is very very good. BTW are these 30X40 or 40X60?
Julian Mussi
-
get Qimage
-
get Qimage
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120720\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
ding ding ding ding ding ding we have a winner!
get qimage.
-
won't qimage only help if you are printing the image yourself? I don't have the program, but my understanding was that you can't save the interpolated file from qimage.
-
You can print to a file.