Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: D. King on May 28, 2007, 11:57:10 am

Title: LR Constipation
Post by: D. King on May 28, 2007, 11:57:10 am
Sounds like a provocative title but it does describe the problem.

I find that when I'm scanning through my images after import in order to rate them (in my case I use # of stars) after a couple of hundred images LR begins to dramatically slow down.  

Specifically, it takes longer and longer for the image to come into focus.  After awhile it may take three or four seconds and then, if I continue working, I begin to get an "unknown error" notice.  

At this time I must close out of LR and then reload in order to continue.

I'm working on a PC with Dual Core, XP Pro, and 4 gigs of memory.  

Is this a common problem or am I just lucky?  Any thoughts as to what to do to correct it?  

Thanks.
Title: LR Constipation
Post by: sharadm on May 29, 2007, 12:16:19 am
I just went through & processed about 750 pictures (import, and then go through all of them rating/developing them) without any progressive slowdown. Did you render the previews on import? Are you low on disk space by any chance?
Title: LR Constipation
Post by: D. King on May 30, 2007, 06:35:20 pm
Quote
I just went through & processed about 750 pictures (import, and then go through all of them rating/developing them) without any progressive slowdown. Did you render the previews on import? Are you low on disk space by any chance?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120072\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


I spoke to Tech Support and they suggested I redo the library.  Apparently a corrupted image can cause such problems.

QUESTION FOR ANYONE:  I will need to dump the original library.  What is the name of the Folder/File in which the library resides?  

Thanks.
Title: LR Constipation
Post by: seanmcfoto on June 03, 2007, 02:42:59 am
Quote
I spoke to Tech Support and they suggested I redo the library.  Apparently a corrupted image can cause such problems.

QUESTION FOR ANYONE:  I will need to dump the original library.  What is the name of the Folder/File in which the library resides? 

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120308\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not sure of location (possibly My Pictures/Lightroom) but it's usually called Lightroom Library.lrdb