Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: meierm01 on May 23, 2007, 09:21:10 pm

Title: Canvas media
Post by: meierm01 on May 23, 2007, 09:21:10 pm
I am in need of printing some work on canvas media.  Does anyone have any direct experience using canvas on the Z3100?  I would appreciate some recommendations.

Regards,
Mark
Title: Canvas media
Post by: EvoM on May 24, 2007, 12:16:55 am
Hi, I've used the HP Artist matte canvas 42 inch with good detail and colour after profilling. I think it automatically disables the cutter but just to be sure, I use the button in the driver to disable it too. The built in cutter cant cut it (excuse the pun!). You have to manually cut it. I just used scirrors and used the leading edge on the printer as a guide to keep it straight.

Loads back in for me but you have to make sure it's a straight 90 degrees cut!

cheers, Evo

Now gallery wrapping is a nother story!
Title: Canvas media
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on May 24, 2007, 04:32:31 am
Quote
I am in need of printing some work on canvas media.  Does anyone have any direct experience using canvas on the Z3100?  I would appreciate some recommendations.

Regards,
Mark
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=119294\")

It works, that's all I can say. Used HP's Pro Matte Canvas and Magiclee's Torino 17 M (custom profile) and they both work well. Cutter will not work as long as you select a canvas media choice. Spray coating with Lascaux and one similar water based acrylics was good, no yellowing like I have had with other inks and canvas choices. Good Dmax.

Ernst Dinkla

try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]
Title: Canvas media
Post by: marcsitkin on May 24, 2007, 09:05:58 am
I've used Breathing Colors canvas in the Z with good results.

Marc Sitkin