Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: m021478 on May 21, 2007, 01:19:18 am

Title: Question Regarding Lightroom General Workflow??
Post by: m021478 on May 21, 2007, 01:19:18 am
I have two quick, yet very important questions I was hoping someone might be able to help me figure out...

Is there any way when viewing my entire library of images, that I could set some sort of filter to easily single out all of the virtual copies I've created...I can't figure out how do do this, and its become a pain when trying to remove obsolete virtual copies that clutter my library...Any thoughts?

Also, when I am viewing an image that I've placed into a particular collection, and I am viewing it in the collection (not in the actual folder it resides in), is there a keyboard shortcut or some other way that I can quickly switch over to the main folder structure where the original image file exists (so, for example, I could locate a virtual copy or an edited PSD or TIFF version of the image that I know exists, but doesn't currently appear in the particular collection I am viewing)? This has proven to be a pain in the butt, and any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated!

Thanks!
Title: Question Regarding Lightroom General Workflow??
Post by: john beardsworth on May 21, 2007, 05:26:51 am
Quote
Is there any way when viewing my entire library of images, that I could set some sort of filter to easily single out all of the virtual copies I've created...I can't figure out how do do this, and its become a pain when trying to remove obsolete virtual copies that clutter my library...Any thoughts?

Right now, this is a problem. You have to mark the VC's immediately after you create them - see this post (http://www.beardsworth.co.uk/news/index.php?id=P976) and this (http://www.beardsworth.co.uk/news/index.php?id=P920). Adobe understand the problem and I hope it will be resolved before long.

Quote
Also, when I am viewing an image that I've placed into a particular collection, and I am viewing it in the collection (not in the actual folder it resides in), is there a keyboard shortcut or some other way that I can quickly switch over to the main folder structure where the original image file exists (so, for example, I could locate a virtual copy or an edited PSD or TIFF version of the image that I know exists, but doesn't currently appear in the particular collection I am viewing)? This has proven to be a pain in the butt, and any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated!
For Finder/Explorer Ctrl/Cmd R, or in the metadata panel there's a little arrow next to the path.

John