Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: dudewad1 on May 19, 2007, 06:54:38 pm

Title: White balance changes when exporting
Post by: dudewad1 on May 19, 2007, 06:54:38 pm
When I export an image to a jpg, the white balance is shifting.  This doesn't happen with all images, but seems to most often when there are large patches of blue sky.  See the attached example; the left side is what I see when I export and the right side is what Lightroom shows, as well as what appears when I create a slideshow for web publishing.  Anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?
Title: White balance changes when exporting
Post by: wolfnowl on May 20, 2007, 01:07:47 am
The obvious question (perhaps too obvious) is, are you exporting using the same colour space you're working in?

Mike.
Title: White balance changes when exporting
Post by: dudewad1 on May 20, 2007, 04:56:31 am
That's not too obvious of a question, Mike.  I've been known to make more obvious mistakes than that!  I was exporting in ProPhoto RGB, but tried AdobeRGB as well as sRGB.  sRGB seems to match the Lightroom images much better.  For now, I'll use that.  Is Lightroom native ProPhoto?
Title: White balance changes when exporting
Post by: Wolf Eilers on May 20, 2007, 06:25:51 pm
Quote
sRGB seems to match the Lightroom images much better. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118663\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If your exported jpeg images will be viewed in a non colour managed application -- like most Internet browsers -- then you must absolutely have Lr export with the sRGB colour space.