Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: ricgal on May 18, 2007, 07:55:18 am
-
I amdoing 4ft prints for a client and it is getting expensive as very very slight banding is occurring in large areas of continuous tone- I am on Max qual for everything in custom settings- B4 i throw good money after bad will setting 'more passes' and or the new firmware 50002 help?
-
Have you gone to image diagnostics page and run the test pattern to see if 1) you get banding on any of the colours, and 2) if you have any/many clogged jets? Before doing anything else I think this is the 1st step.
If you see banding or excessive loss of jets then clean the head(s), and if auto doesn't work then pull the head and use a damp coffee filter to manully clean.
I had this problem with MK on matt paper and it eliminated the problem completely. The same head has been running fine since mid feb or so.
Good luck,
mike
-
Have you gone to image diagnostics page and run the test pattern to see if 1) you get banding on any of the colours, and 2) if you have any/many clogged jets? Before doing anything else I think this is the 1st step.
If you see banding or excessive loss of jets then clean the head(s), and if auto doesn't work then pull the head and use a damp coffee filter to manully clean.
I had this problem with MK on matt paper and it eliminated the problem completely. The same head has been running fine since mid feb or so.
Good luck,
mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118392\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks i will do!!!!!
-
Thanks i will do!!!!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118405\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I had the same problem, thought it might have been head alignment, ran the diagnostic print page, turned out to be clogged heads - had to replace three in the end.
Good luck
Neal
www.photorestoration.co.nz