Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: pcox on May 16, 2007, 04:54:24 pm
-
Hi folks -
Just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem. I was doing a reprint of a long (36") image today, and the printer stopped half way through, complaining that it was out of paper. This was definitely not the case - there was plenty of paper left on the roll.
I restarted the printer, cancelled the job and tried again. Same result in the same place. I restarted the printer again, reloaded the paper and now it fails to even load the paper properly. Even after the rollers have taken up the paper, it keeps telling me to feed it into the rear slot (as if it hadn't grabbed the paper). It tries this a few times, then cancels the load with the error: "end of roll reached" - which is not the case.
It feels to me like the mechanism in the printer for sensing the paper is busted. Has this happened to anyone else? I'll be calling HP support in the morning to see what they say, and I'm not relishing having to go through the usual 'is your driver installed correctly' questions =)
Cheers,
Peter
-
It feels to me like the mechanism in the printer for sensing the paper is busted. Has this happened to anyone else?
Cheers,
Peter
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118003\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think if you search around in this forum you'll find that it has happened to someone else who reported very good HP service on the problem.
-
Yes.......Blasr had the same problem. HP sent a tech out and replaced the paper sensor. Blas reported back all was well.
-
Thanks for the information. It looks like I do have the same problem as Blasr. I rang HP support today and was very pleased with the result - the tech was knowledgeable and efficient. Service call set up for Monday (could have come out tomorrow, but I'm away until Saturday), so I'll post the result then.
The difference is night and day from their low-end Laserjet support, who I also have a ticket open with. Those guys are so tied up in procedure they probably have to use a stopwatch to time their bathroom breaks.
Cheers,
Peter
-
The difference is night and day from their low-end Laserjet support, who I also have a ticket open with. Those guys are so tied up in procedure they probably have to use a stopwatch to time their bathroom breaks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118147\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yup sounds like the sensor (optical) is either broken or something is blocking the light path. You might want to try blowing air around the sensor. Since a tch is coming though you don't really have to.
Nice to hear the service is working out for those who have needed it .
-
Neil, will be much better if he wait, for the tech. will take only 10 to 15 minutes to replaced it. after that the printe will ok again
BlasR
-
Hi, I have the same error now "load with the error: end of roll reached" - which is not the case.
Anybody know what the cause might be?.
I am using a 36 inch roll that was cut for 24 inch z3100, I am tying to load the 12 inch roll.
-
My problem was the paper sensor was damaged. HP guy came out and replaced it, fixed the problem right away.
Hope that helps.
Peter