Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: fike on May 16, 2007, 01:29:11 pm

Title: Adobe CS3 Bridge Enhancement
Post by: fike on May 16, 2007, 01:29:11 pm
While on my last trip, I accidently setup my camera to take Raw + small jpg.  No big deal, that isn't too much memory, so I didn't really worry about it.  When I got home, the jpg files were copied to my hard drive along with the raw files.  So, I went to delete the jpgs and I realized something.  Bridge runs very fast when it's drawing thumbnails and previews of small jpg images.  I got to thinking.  Wouldn't it be cool to make a script that would take your raw+jpg from the camera and convert each pair into a stack with the jpg on top.  This would enable bridge to run much more quickly since it wouldn't need to render all those raw image thumbs and previews.  

Hmmm....now where to start....I looked around at the scripting language for photoshop.  since I have written a little bit of javascript, I thought I would start there, but I can't find where the stack property is kept in metadata or the DOM.

Any ideas of where I might turn from here?
Title: Adobe CS3 Bridge Enhancement
Post by: john beardsworth on May 16, 2007, 01:45:22 pm
Have you seen Bridge's stack based on capture time feature?
Title: Adobe CS3 Bridge Enhancement
Post by: fike on May 16, 2007, 03:17:03 pm
Quote
Have you seen Bridge's stack based on capture time feature?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117939\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, where is it?  How does it work?  by the sounds of it, it would be fine.
Title: Adobe CS3 Bridge Enhancement
Post by: john beardsworth on May 16, 2007, 03:41:56 pm
Bottom of the Stacks menu