Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Goodlistener on May 14, 2007, 11:35:06 pm
-
Does anybody have experience with, or cogent ideas about, the Picture perfect Color Management Seminar sponsored by Xrite Photo?
The link to their seminar materials is here:
<www.XritePhoto.co/PPC>
The plus is to have someone explain a complicated topic in person, with examples.
The minus is time away from the office, and the cost of the seminar. I expect that there will be some good "purchasing opportunities" at the end of the seminar for eqipment and software.
The alternative is to hack my way thru it, on my own I guess. Local photography education offerings do not seem to cover this topic by itself.
Thanks for any opinions, facts, experiences, and advice!
http://www.pbase.com/goodlistener/galleries (http://www.pbase.com/goodlistener/galleries)
-
It depends on your knowledge base. If you are fairly new to color management it would probably be good. When I took it I didn't get much out of it, but for the cost of the program they gave us an XRite monitor calibration tool so it was not wasted. It was a good refresher, but I learned nothing new really. If I had taken it a few years ago, I would have gotten allot out of it.
-
It depends on your knowledge base. If you are fairly new to color management it would probably be good. When I took it I didn't get much out of it, but for the cost of the program they gave us an XRite monitor calibration tool so it was not wasted. It was a good refresher, but I learned nothing new really. If I had taken it a few years ago, I would have gotten allot out of it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117623\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks Kirk. My situation is starting from ground zero.
-
Thanks Kirk. My situation is starting from ground zero.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117762\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
When I was starting digital from ground zero a few years ago, I was fortunate to be able to attend a one-day workshop by Bruce Fraser on color management. At that time I had no idea who Bruce was and only a vague notion of what "color management" meant. His workshop was a terrific eye-opener. I'm sure lots of stuff went way over my head, but a lot was down-to-earth and it really got me to understand what the big picture was all about. After that, at least I had a good idea what I needed to learn.
Good luck!