Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mary K on May 08, 2007, 08:54:25 pm

Title: HP Z3100 Firmware Installation
Post by: Mary K on May 08, 2007, 08:54:25 pm
I have downloaded and unzipped the latest firmware upgrade for my HP Z3100 printer, but I cannot find any information about how to install the firmware.  Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,
Mary
Title: HP Z3100 Firmware Installation
Post by: Jim Cole on May 08, 2007, 09:06:51 pm
Hi Mary,

Open up HP Easy Printer care and then go to the Support Tab. Click on the Update Firmware icon and off you go.

Make sure your unzipped file has a .fmw extension.

Wake up your printer and unload any paper that may be loaded before you start.

Good luck,
Jim
Title: HP Z3100 Firmware Installation
Post by: Charlesu on May 08, 2007, 09:41:28 pm
Quote
I have downloaded and unzipped the latest firmware upgrade for my HP Z3100 printer, but I cannot find any information about how to install the firmware.  Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,
Mary
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116480\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you are connected via ethernet, open your browser to your printers IP address.  You will see a screen with three tabs.  Open the middle one (setup) and click on the update firmware button under maintenance (on the left).
Title: HP Z3100 Firmware Installation
Post by: Mary K on May 08, 2007, 09:42:26 pm
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the quick response -- I've been searching all over the Internet, as well as the HP site for that information.  I've crossed my fingers, and I'm going to give it a spin.

Mary
Title: HP Z3100 Firmware Installation
Post by: Mary K on May 08, 2007, 10:23:25 pm
Success -- I now have the latest firmware!  This forum is great.

Mary