Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: OLE.M on May 07, 2007, 11:25:46 am

Title: Printing with CS3.
Post by: OLE.M on May 07, 2007, 11:25:46 am
I have problems to senter image in landscape mode with PS.cs3.
Senter image works only in portrait and not in landscape mode in cs3.
It worked fine in cs2.
I use windows Vista.
Anybody have this problem?

Thanks.
Ole.M.
Title: Printing with CS3.
Post by: paulbk on May 07, 2007, 07:58:18 pm
My system: Windows XP Pro, printer Epson 4000 with latest driver

Yes, I have the exact same problem with CS3 printing to Epson 4000 in landscape.
I have no fix yet. And, as you say, CS2 works fine.

My first post here, but no help.
CS3 not centering prints (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16433)
Title: Printing with CS3.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 07, 2007, 09:47:42 pm
You both might want to look at this "long" thread: "CS3 Release-Installation Nightmare!, Caution!" (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16391) in which MarkDS describes his problems getting CS3 to center prints. There is a long discussion between him and Jeff Schewe in which Jeff eventually explains what the folks at Adobe are up against.

Definitely worth reading. You might then want to give Qimage a try to see if it helps.
Title: Printing with CS3.
Post by: Thomas Krüger on May 08, 2007, 01:10:43 am
Qimage works fine printing on Z3100 24" with XP pro. The print dialog of CS3 is not very intuitive (at least for me).
Title: Printing with CS3.
Post by: Mark D Segal on May 08, 2007, 12:31:38 pm
Quote
You both might want to look at this "long" thread: "CS3 Release-Installation Nightmare!, Caution!" (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16391) in which MarkDS describes his problems getting CS3 to center prints. There is a long discussion between him and Jeff Schewe in which Jeff eventually explains what the folks at Adobe are up against.

Definitely worth reading. You might then want to give Qimage a try to see if it helps.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=116284\")

Apart from what the folks at Adobe are up-against - which makes for interesting insight - is the solution to the problem. I spent the better part of yesterday morning testing every combination of driver and CS3 Print options to get prints centered using CS3 and my 4800 (this issue is Epson driver version and O/S sensitive so my results are specific), and I posted a complete report on what works and what doesn't work. This is located here: [a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16391]Centering Images with CS3[/url]   Post #81 on page 5. Hope this applies to your set-up and helps. (I should add, I'm on Windows XP Pro SP2.)

Mark
Title: Printing with CS3.
Post by: Gordon Buck on May 08, 2007, 02:20:04 pm
I haven't thoroughly investigated, but just doing what seems natural, I can't get CS3 to center images on my Epson 2200.  CS2 worked fine.  Qimage still works fine.  Using Windows XP for CS3, CS2 and Qimage.
Title: Printing with CS3.
Post by: Mark D Segal on May 08, 2007, 02:50:32 pm
Quote
I haven't thoroughly investigated, but just doing what seems natural, I can't get CS3 to center images on my Epson 2200.  CS2 worked fine.  Qimage still works fine.  Using Windows XP for CS3, CS2 and Qimage.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116414\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did you go to the post I referred EricM to just above? This may work for your 2200 as well. You have nothing to lose trying, as long as that version of the Epson driver allows you to select "Maximum" page coverage.

And........doing what seems natural works for some things we all know about, but software is a different league  
Title: Printing with CS3.
Post by: Gordon Buck on May 08, 2007, 09:16:42 pm
Quote
And........doing what seems natural works for some things we all know about, but software is a different league 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116419\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Silly me!  It just seemed so natural to check the "Center Image" button and see the preview image become centered that I expected the print to be centered as well.

I just wanted to point out that there is a problem with some of the older printers and drivers as well as the newer ones.
Title: Printing with CS3.
Post by: Mark D Segal on May 08, 2007, 09:43:11 pm
Yup - you're right. There is a problem. But we think we hit on a solution that may be viable for some Epson drivers, but perhaps not others. If what Jeff and I worked out for the 4800 also works for other models that's good; if it doesn't for the time being users will have to do their own experimenting with combinations of settings to see which if any achieve the objective. And yes, what started all this for me was the same expectation - when you click "Centered" you expect "truth in advertising". But you see the situation - life's just a wee bit more complicated!
Title: Printing with CS3.
Post by: sergio1 on June 19, 2007, 01:03:37 pm
Quote
I have problems to senter image in landscape mode with PS.cs3.
Senter image works only in portrait and not in landscape mode in cs3.
It worked fine in cs2.
I use windows Vista.
Anybody have this problem?

Thanks.
Ole.M.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116139\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

On print prefences under page layout select "minimize margins"
it's a temporary fix until new drivers are available.
It should fix your problem.

Sergio1
Title: Printing with CS3.
Post by: sergio1 on June 19, 2007, 01:06:26 pm
Quote
On print prefences under page layout select "minimize margins"
it's a temporary fix until new drivers are available.
It should fix your problem.

Sergio1
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123776\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]