Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: lionello on May 01, 2007, 01:10:23 pm

Title: B&W settings for MUSEO II 3800
Post by: lionello on May 01, 2007, 01:10:23 pm
I'm printing B&W on Museo II

I tried a few things, and ended up using the EMP38 profile
and  Warm, Darkest, Density -15 in the printer dialog box.

What do you use?

thanks,
Title: B&W settings for MUSEO II 3800
Post by: madmanchan on May 01, 2007, 03:18:34 pm
When you are printing using the ABW driver, you should not be using color profiles such as the Epson-supplied Pro38* profiles. These are designed to be used only for the RGB color driver, not the ABW driver.

For printing using the ABW driver, I recommend making sure your image is in a 2.2 gamma-encoded space (e.g., Gray Gamma 2.2, Adobe RGB) or something pretty close (e.g., sRGB) before printing. Make sure to disable color management in the application (e.g., set Photoshop's Color Handling to No Color Management).

See here for more details:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Ep...w_no_gray_curve (http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Epson3800/printworkflow.html#abw_no_gray_curve)