Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: jlmwyo on April 24, 2007, 02:48:26 am
-
My config: CS3 Standard installed under Windows XP. Had to run the clean script from Adobe to get it installed, and I still have outstanding issues.
One of the weirdest ones is: Upon closing Bridge, it will APPEAR as if the program is closed, but in point of fact a cursory look at Task Manager will show that it is still actually running! AND, using up memory.
And in regards to its memory usage, if you use some type of nested folder structure (as most here I suspect do) as you browse from folder to folder to folder, memory usages goes up...and up...and UP. I've seen as high as 1/2 a gigabyte of RAM.
-
My CS2 Bridge on W2K does the same thing.
Rich
-
Can still be seen in Task Manager AFTER you close it, or the memory/browsing behaviour?
-
Bridge crashes every time I switch on an external HD, waits about 5 minutes doing nothing then when it's on the point of showing the drive, crashes.
-
On my xp system:
Occasional random inexplicably long pauses between double clicking a tiff and it appearing in PS.
Much heavier useage of the page file compared to CS2
-
Did you guys reset all settings on first launch? If not, you need to -- there were some changes in how the program resonds to certain settings and you need to clear out the settings cache from older versions. To do this, hold down Ctrl-Alt-Shift (Cmd-Opt-Shift) on launch. A dialog pops up and askes if you want to clear settings -- check yes.
I run XP Pro and simply uninstalled the old version using control panel remove programs, installed the new CS3 normally and cleared settings on initial launch per above. Have not noticed anything abnormal yet, but have only had it loaded for a week or so...
Cheers,
-
I can only re-iterate what Jack said - no problems with my system (Win XP x64). Closing down Bridge also causes it to quit in the 'Processes' and 'Applications' tabs in Windows Task Manager.
I used the Adobe clean script after uninstalling the betas to make sure I had got rid of all traces before installing the shipping version.
-
Jack, been there done that and got...well I didn't get my shirt yet Made no diff.
Carol, it doesn't do it consistently, so just because you didn't see it once, doesn't mean its not doing it on your machine as well. Then again you may be just fine I hope