Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: hovis on April 23, 2007, 12:28:26 pm

Title: flatbed scanner camera
Post by: hovis on April 23, 2007, 12:28:26 pm
Hi

after reading this article, I'm interested in building a scanner back for my mamiyaflex medium format camera. I was wondering if anyone knows of a reasonably priced flatbed scanner that uses a tri-linear array which directly faces the glass (no mirrors), instead of the single array LED model they use? I'd like to remove the need for external RGB filters.

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~szwang/Research/ScanCam/EG.04.pdf (http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~szwang/Research/ScanCam/EG.04.pdf)

Thanks

Jon
Title: flatbed scanner camera
Post by: sceptacon on June 17, 2007, 11:17:20 am
I'd like very much to be able to put together something like this but it's simply beyond my ability. I wonder if the guys who did theirs could do one for me? (at a price, of course).
Title: flatbed scanner camera
Post by: greggan on July 02, 2007, 07:01:30 am
Maybe this website could help your inspiration  
Another scanner camera project (http://www.stockholmviews.com/diyphotogear/index.html)http://www.stockholmviews.com/diyphotogear/index.html

(http://www.stockholmviews.com/diyphotogear/scannercamera/testsetupsmall.jpg)
(http://www.stockholmviews.com/diyphotogear/scannercamera/bellows_mounted.jpg)
Title: flatbed scanner camera
Post by: KAP on July 02, 2007, 04:32:13 pm
I think from memory the Microtek artiscan was trilinear, but I think they all had a mirror.
Machines like the Fuji flatbeds had the lens under the subject, but these still fetch a lot.

Kevin.
Title: flatbed scanner camera
Post by: greggan on July 11, 2007, 12:02:43 pm
Project now updated to testing stage!
http://www.stockholmviews.com/diyphotogear...nnercamera.html (http://www.stockholmviews.com/diyphotogear/scannercamera.html)