Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: StephenEdgar on April 18, 2007, 03:49:23 pm

Title: Five gray squares in Filmstrip...!?
Post by: StephenEdgar on April 18, 2007, 03:49:23 pm
Hi Folks,
Any solution to the following problem? I have five gray squares visible in the Film Strip view, and registering as 5 files in the Quick Collection 'folder' of the LR library. Is this some sort of 'bug' or is there a simple explanation?
Any  help would be appreciate don this irritating problem,
Thanks in anticipation
Stephen
Title: Five gray squares in Filmstrip...!?
Post by: BFoto on April 18, 2007, 05:52:14 pm
It has something to do with your compressed stacked images, usually it seems the virtual copies. Expand all stacks in the folder the files are in and they should appear.

Not sure if it is a bug or standard.
Title: Five gray squares in Filmstrip...!?
Post by: tomrock on April 20, 2007, 07:51:36 am
Quote
I have five gray squares visible in the Film Strip view, and registering as 5 files in the Quick Collection 'folder' of the LR library.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113129\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have almost the same thing except it started out as 2 squares. Then at some point it dropped to 1. I think it's a bug of some sort and I don't know how to fix it.

I looked at the SQL file with an editor but that's way beyond me. I didn't change anything there.
Title: Five gray squares in Filmstrip...!?
Post by: StephenEdgar on April 20, 2007, 06:04:21 pm
Hi Folks,
Thanks for the replies.
I tried the tip of expanding all the stacks I had created in various folders, and by chance 'uncovered' two images that were 'marked' as being part of a "Quick Collection". Removing these images from Quick Collection caused two of the squares to disappear. What caused the other three is still a mystery!
Thanks for the help,
Stephen