Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Harold Clark on April 17, 2007, 10:11:25 pm

Title: VR pixelation
Post by: Harold Clark on April 17, 2007, 10:11:25 pm
I do mainly architectural photography, but have been asked to do some 360 panoramas of interiors for a custom house builder. I tested a trial version of PTGui and was very impressed with the stitching results.

The only software I am familiar with to do the VR conversion is Apple, but I found that there is quite a bit of pixelation when panning the image. Does anybody know of a better solution? Aparently pixelation was a problem in some previous VR work, and the client is hoping for better results in future. Any advice much appreciated, as usual they want this ASAP.
thanks

Harold
Title: VR pixelation
Post by: Craig Lamson on April 18, 2007, 09:09:53 pm
Quote
I do mainly architectural photography, but have been asked to do some 360 panoramas of interiors for a custom house builder. I tested a trial version of PTGui and was very impressed with the stitching results.

The only software I am familiar with to do the VR conversion is Apple, but I found that there is quite a bit of pixelation when panning the image. Does anybody know of a better solution? Aparently pixelation was a problem in some previous VR work, and the client is hoping for better results in future. Any advice much appreciated, as usual they want this ASAP.
thanks

Harold
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=112977\")

I'm using PTGUI and then Pano2QTVR for the final 360's.  Im a novice and have only done a few but I'm wll pleased withe the results.

Oh, you can make these things as high res (mostly) as you want, depending on the download time you are willing to accept.

Here are two samples, both shot in the studio..a 33' boat interior and a 31 foot travel trailer interior.  Both are in the 1mb or less range

[a href=\"http://www.infocusinc.net/Rinker330d/330d.mov]http://www.infocusinc.net/Rinker330d/330d.mov[/url]

http://www.infocusinc.net/Jaycotest/JFlight31.mov (http://www.infocusinc.net/Jaycotest/JFlight31.mov)
Title: VR pixelation
Post by: BernardLanguillier on April 18, 2007, 09:52:45 pm
I have had good results with Realviz stitcher for VR panos, it does everything in one application.

Regards,
Bernard
Title: VR pixelation
Post by: Craig Lamson on April 19, 2007, 09:23:06 am
Quote
I have had good results with Realviz stitcher for VR panos, it does everything in one application.

Regards,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113181\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


I spent quite a bit of time with Realviz and found it wanting.  It did not stitch the samples I posted correctly. PT Gui/Pano2QTVR did them perfectly and with a button push.  Add in the fact that Realviz can cost almost 600 bucks....