Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: drew2285 on April 15, 2007, 08:58:44 pm

Title: Types of transparent paper
Post by: drew2285 on April 15, 2007, 08:58:44 pm
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if someone could tell me the difference between transparency, duratrans, backlight film, and pictorio paper.  I ordered some transparency paper.  I plan to use a lightbox to display it.  Is this media my best option for what I want to do?
thanks
Title: Types of transparent paper
Post by: marcsitkin on April 17, 2007, 04:38:33 pm
Quote
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if someone could tell me the difference between transparency, duratrans, backlight film, and pictorio paper.  I ordered some transparency paper.  I plan to use a lightbox to display it.  Is this media my best option for what I want to do?
thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112592\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Without knowing what printer you are using, I can only tell you we have had great results with either HP Colorlucent backlit film, or the Kodak backlit materials. These have been printed on an HP 5000 printer.