Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: JayS on April 15, 2007, 02:20:15 pm
-
All,
I'm guessing I know part of the answer to this based on other posts and LR not being able to search or pick up on EXIF Metadata ISO #'s, but in RSP there was an incredibly useful function (Processing Bias Parameters) and "profiles" developed for handling a whole list of things based on a query of the metadata coming in. One of the nicest aspects was the ability to set items such as noise handling before even starting to work on the image, by querying the iso coming in.
Is there anything similar in LR? Haven't been able to find it yet. As an example someone worked up a whole series of noise reduction parameters for the Canon 20D that you could have processed on bringing the images in and before any actual work stated... Very useful..
Thanks in advance.
Jay S.
-
Second that request.
RSP handled high ISO files well on import and then with the NR features.
-
Count me in too
And also the means to set the lightroom defaults to values I choose so when I double click the black point it goes to 3 and not 5 for example.
-
Second that request.
RSP handled high ISO files well on import and then with the NR features.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112893\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I like much of LR, but without a much better noise handling and sharpening, I'm finding I'm still either having to do RAW in RSP, or take output from LR into Photoshop to clean up noise with Noise Ninja, for example, and use USM.. I'd ultimately like to stay in one tool. With RSP I'm very happy with Noise handling of high ISOs and output of Sharpening and Detail extraction. Maybe a point release update for this. They bought RSP for a reason.. would be nice to see some of it in there...
Jay S.