Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: hab on April 14, 2007, 04:24:23 pm

Title: Best RIP for ipf5000?
Post by: hab on April 14, 2007, 04:24:23 pm
What are the pro and cons of the various RIPs supporting the ipf5000? I would really appreciate any guidance / experience from the group as regards what works well (or the best).  My interest is fine art printing in low volume.  I am poised on v 12 Studioprint
Title: Best RIP for ipf5000?
Post by: naisan on April 14, 2007, 10:35:58 pm
Quote
What are the pro and cons of the various RIPs supporting the ipf5000? I would really appreciate any guidance / experience from the group as regards what works well (or the best).  My interest is fine art printing in low volume.  I am poised on v 12 Studioprint
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=112389\")

The wiki lists some information [a href=\"http://canonipf5000.wikispaces.com/RIP+Support+of+Canon+Printers](iPF5000 Wiki RIP page)[/url]here.

You may also want to cross post over there.

I am using the 16-bit photoshop plug-in with cs3 beta, with great results.
Title: Best RIP for ipf5000?
Post by: hab on April 15, 2007, 02:37:27 pm
Thanks -- that is my configuration too, and I have had similarly good results with a variety of papers (I like the Pictorio PGHG and Innova F best).  I have seen the Wiki but I haven't seen anything comparative or critical.  Increasingly I am interested in perturbing the pardigm of method and inks.
Perhaps in the absence of art I am left with technique : -)