Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: lhmlco on April 14, 2007, 03:58:51 pm

Title: HP B9180 B&W Printing - No true blacks?
Post by: lhmlco on April 14, 2007, 03:58:51 pm
I'm considering the HP B9180 printer for several reasons, but I do have one concern: namely, B&W printing.

HP has a large sample book in the store and the various color prints, especially on "art" papers, look stunning. The B&W prints, otoh, look faded, with no true blacks visible. I'm used to the rich, sooty blacks one gets from the Epson 2200 with the matte-black cartridge and thus far I've yet to see this from the B9180.

Can it do it? Is the B9180 suitable for fine-art grade B&W printing? Can someone who has actual experience with both printers help me out?
Title: HP B9180 B&W Printing - No true blacks?
Post by: DarkPenguin on April 14, 2007, 05:00:11 pm
I've found it to be wonderful for B+W printing.  But I have no experience with the 2200.  I know Mike Johnston was using it for his prints over at the Online Photographer.