Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: phildog33 on April 14, 2007, 02:57:33 pm

Title: Photoshop CS3 (UNinstall the Beta version)
Post by: phildog33 on April 14, 2007, 02:57:33 pm
Does anyone have the script (from Adobe or downloaded) to uninstall CS3 Beta..

It wont come off the computer without the script, and is causing headaches for updating

thank you
-p
Title: Photoshop CS3 (UNinstall the Beta version)
Post by: wood on April 14, 2007, 03:06:51 pm
Quote
Does anyone have the script (from Adobe or downloaded) to uninstall CS3 Beta..

It wont come off the computer without the script, and is causing headaches for updating

thank you
-p
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112379\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did you try in Adobe Site?

Wood
Title: Photoshop CS3 (UNinstall the Beta version)
Post by: Phuong on April 15, 2007, 03:38:47 am
locate the Library/Application Support folder (both from root and from user) and delete the "backup" and "caps" folders.
now you can do a fresh install of PS CS3
Title: Photoshop CS3 (UNinstall the Beta version)
Post by: cogden on April 16, 2007, 03:22:29 pm
Assuming you're on a Mac (since on Windows you'd use Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall a Program), there should also be an uninstaller in:
      Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers

Otherwise, you could use File Buddy (http://www.skytag.com/) to remove all Adobe traces...
Title: Photoshop CS3 (UNinstall the Beta version)
Post by: seamus finn on April 17, 2007, 01:54:51 pm
Quote
locate the Library/Application Support folder (both from root and from user) and delete the "backup" and "caps" folders.
now you can do a fresh install of PS CS3
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112463\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How to you do that? I downloaded my CS3, uninstalled the Beta version using the Windows Control Panel ADD/ROMOVE and then tried to install the new version. The message I got was  Adobe CS3 cannot be installed becasue it conflicts with Adobe Photoshop CS3. Where do I go from here?
Title: Photoshop CS3 (UNinstall the Beta version)
Post by: cogden on April 17, 2007, 02:23:33 pm
I'm primarily a Mac person when it comes to the creative apps.

I did see from John Nack's blog (excellent resource BTW) http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/04/cleanup_script.html (http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/04/cleanup_script.html) that there's a script for the Mac:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html)


and that "an equivalent script will be posted for Windows later in the week. (I'm told that tech support is seeing fewer installation problem reports on Windows because people are used to uninstallers on that platform)."
Title: Photoshop CS3 (UNinstall the Beta version)
Post by: francois on April 17, 2007, 02:51:00 pm
Quote
How to you do that? I downloaded my CS3, uninstalled the Beta version using the Windows Control Panel ADD/ROMOVE and then tried to install the new version. The message I got was  Adobe CS3 cannot be installed becasue it conflicts with Adobe Photoshop CS3. Where do I go from here?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=112899\")
Another thing to consider is that you must deactivate PS CS3 beta before removing (beta) and reinstalling the 1.0 version. The instructions are for the Mac but I presume that it is also valid for Windows (article [a href=\"http://photoshopnews.com/2007/04/16/adobe-technote-manually-remove-photoshop-cs3-public-beta-mac-os-x/]here[/url]).
Title: Photoshop CS3 (UNinstall the Beta version)
Post by: cogden on April 17, 2007, 08:45:13 pm
Seamus,

Adobe has posted technotes for removing PS CS3 betas from...

OS X
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase...cfm?id=kb401502 (http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=kb401502)

XP
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase...cfm?id=kb401492 (http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=kb401492)

Vista
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase...cfm?id=kb401501 (http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=kb401501)

hope this helps you!
-c
Title: Photoshop CS3 (UNinstall the Beta version)
Post by: Mark D Segal on April 17, 2007, 10:13:33 pm
Many thanks for providing this link. It is very helpful to have this information, because there has been grief uninstalling this program while not damaging one's install of CS2. I just received my CS3 box today so the timing is perfect.
Title: Photoshop CS3 (UNinstall the Beta version)
Post by: seamus finn on April 19, 2007, 09:48:53 am
Many thanks for that, Cogden. I got the technical info at Adobe, followed instructions and hey presto, success. It's a bit of a chore and you need to be very careful to remove ONLY  files relating to CS3. I had unstalled the beta version and therefore couldn't deactivate it first as recommended, but this didn't prove to be a problem. Also, some files you expect to be there may  have been deleted through the WINDOWS/CONTROL PANEL/ADD-REMOVE procedure. In that case, just go ahead and continue deleting whatever is on the technical sheet list. Incidentally, I saw on some site that Adobe are about to bring out a script to do sort out this problem as they have done for MAC users.

Thanks again,
Seamus
Title: Photoshop CS3 (UNinstall the Beta version)
Post by: francois on April 19, 2007, 02:25:31 pm
Quote
Many thanks for that, Cogden. I got the technical info at Adobe, followed instructions and hey presto, success. It's a bit of a chore and you need to be very careful to remove ONLY  files relating to CS3. I had unstalled the beta version and therefore couldn't deactivate it first as recommended, but this didn't prove to be a problem. Also, some files you expect to be there may  have been deleted through the WINDOWS/CONTROL PANEL/ADD-REMOVE procedure. In that case, just go ahead and continue deleting whatever is on the technical sheet list. Incidentally, I saw on some site that Adobe are about to bring out a script to do sort out this problem as they have done for MAC users.

Thanks again,
Seamus
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=113247\")
Windows version of the CS3Clean script is out...

Windows:     [a href=\"http://download.macromedia.com/pub/creativesuite/script/3/wincs3clean.zip]http://download.macromedia.com/pub/creativ...wincs3clean.zip[/url]

Mac:           http://download.macromedia.com/pub/creativ...maccs3clean.dmg (http://download.macromedia.com/pub/creativesuite/script/3/maccs3clean.dmg)