Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Graham Mitchell on April 12, 2007, 06:45:04 am

Title: Add your location to your profile, please
Post by: Graham Mitchell on April 12, 2007, 06:45:04 am
It is very easy to add your location to your profile. Not only is it interesting to see where people are from but posters are constantly having to ask where someone is from before they can refer them to the right dealer, shop, service centre, etc. There's no need to be specific about a city, if you are not comfortable with that. "TX, USA" or "Belgium" would be a good start.
Title: Add your location to your profile, please
Post by: Dustbak on April 12, 2007, 06:58:45 am
Quote
It is very easy to add your location to your profile. Not only is it interesting to see where people are from but posters are constantly having to ask where someone is from before they can refer them to the right dealer, shop, service centre, etc. There's no need to be specific about a city, if you are not comfortable with that. "TX, USA" or "Belgium" would be a good start.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111996\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Ok, it is interesting to see where everyone is from. I have put my location in as well.
Title: Add your location to your profile, please
Post by: thsinar on April 12, 2007, 08:34:35 am
that is indeed an excellent idea.

You have my exact location since the begining.

It is true that it would simplify things many times and avoid loosing time.

Thierry
Title: Add your location to your profile, please
Post by: Dan Wells on April 12, 2007, 11:43:17 am
Interesting just how international this forum is - of four replies to the "location" thread, I'm the first from the US (Vermont, as it now says in my profile  )... I wonder what the percentages are as a whole? Location also matters in terms of how easy it is to test and compare equipment. While someone who lives in New York City (or, probably, London, Tokyo, Shanghai,Los Angeles, etc...) can walk or take the subway to dealers for ANY camera or back brand, there is not a single medium format dealer in Vermont (apart from one used-equipment store that sometimes gets a few older bodies and lenses). Boston is a four-hour drive away, and has two dealers that carry some MF gear... I'm probably going down there this weekend.

              -Dan
Title: Add your location to your profile, please
Post by: rainer_v on April 12, 2007, 12:22:30 pm
i like to see also some work from the posters, esp. the websites make sense i think.
Title: Add your location to your profile, please
Post by: wolfnowl on April 12, 2007, 01:56:24 pm
You can add Canada to the list!

Mike (from Kelowna, BC)

P.S.  I'd add my photo but I don't do pictures.  I'll stay behind the viewfinder...
Title: Add your location to your profile, please
Post by: fishbain on April 12, 2007, 04:40:26 pm
O.k.
Title: Add your location to your profile, please
Post by: bradleygibson on April 12, 2007, 09:47:07 pm
Sorry if I'm harshing your mellow, Dan, I'm also in the US.  But don't worry--you're still unique because I'm Canadian!  

DOH!  Sorry Mike!    

-Brad
Title: Add your location to your profile, please
Post by: rueyloon on April 12, 2007, 11:05:25 pm
ok, added
Title: Add your location to your profile, please
Post by: G_Allen on April 13, 2007, 07:53:36 pm
Reporting here from Mexico City...