Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: robosbourn on April 11, 2007, 04:45:45 pm
-
Hi, I've recently moved to shooting RAW. I am using a canon 1d mkII N and CS2 to convert the files. However I am getting a lot of noise in the backgrounds of most of the pictures i have taken. I have taken simultaneous JPEGs which but these appear uneffected and the quality's fine. I have also switched all of the noise reduction settings on the camera to "off", i'm shooting with ISO's under 200, exposure seems fine, and i have experimented with all of the different shutter speed variations.
I've tried other raw conversion software as other people have suggested CS2's converter could be at fault, but this has made no difference. I know i may or may not be doing something really obvious thats causing this problem, but I would really appreciate if anyone has any suggestions as to where I maybe going wrong.
Many thanks, Rob
(example of effected images attached here)
-
Ya know. . .you posted this in the wrong subforum....this is: About This Site: Discussions about the Luminous Landscape site and this Board
You really want to post in: Digital Image Processing (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showforum=5)
Aside from the fact it clutters this subforum, people simply won't find it here because they aren't looking in this forum for that subject.
-
I'm sure the fact your exposure compensation is +1.65 has a lot to do with your noise issue.