Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: santodx5 on April 10, 2007, 07:01:38 pm
-
Hi,
I just download the demo version of profilemaker 5.0 to measure bill atkinson patches. The program is harder than I think, I need someone to help me step by step. I have i1 photo.
1. Open measure tool
2. Click on configuring, select eye one pro. select emission or reflection? spectral on.
3.What's next? in measure there are two options:
1. chart: I can only see CRT and LCD chart. this is only for monitor measurement right?
2. spot. is this the one I suppose to use. there are so many options, color space, reference, sample, delta E, etc. Please help
Any help will be remembered foverer...
Thanks,
Dan
-
Hi,
I just download the demo version of profilemaker 5.0 to measure bill atkinson patches. The program is harder than I think, I need someone to help me step by step. I have i1 photo.
1. Open measure tool
2. Click on configuring, select eye one pro. select emission or reflection? spectral on.
3.What's next? in measure there are two options:
1. chart: I can only see CRT and LCD chart. this is only for monitor measurement right?
2. spot. is this the one I suppose to use. there are so many options, color space, reference, sample, delta E, etc. Please help
1) Select reflection, with Spectral on
2) Select chart
3) Select the reference file for the bill atkinson patches (a .txt file that comes with his other files)
4) Select strip with gaps (if for the larger targets like the 1728 patch one); if for 918 patch target, probably will be strip without gaps
5) When done measuring, click Close, then File Save As (on PC anyway) and give the measurement file a name.
This is from memory, not at my computer now.
--John
-
See step-by-step instructions here:
http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/i1...gets/index.html (http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/i1BigTargets/index.html)
Eric
-
Thank you so much, that link is great
-
Madchan if i want to do averaging with color space should I pick? simple/weight method? I am printing with 3800
Thank
See step-by-step instructions here:
http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/i1...gets/index.html (http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/i1BigTargets/index.html)
Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111776\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Are you saying you want to read multiple times and average the results?
Doing a simple uniform weighting should be fine. I would do this on the spectral measurements (i.e., the values obtained when you go to File -> Save after doing a reading). If you later need to export Lab values, you can just open the averaged spectral data in MeasureTool and click the Export Lab button.