Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jhein on April 10, 2007, 03:02:11 pm

Title: Introducing the HP Z6100 printer
Post by: jhein on April 10, 2007, 03:02:11 pm
For you wide printer folks!

http://www.itsupplies.com/static/HPZ6100.html (http://www.itsupplies.com/static/HPZ6100.html)

Jim
Title: Introducing the HP Z6100 printer
Post by: rdonson on April 10, 2007, 03:20:23 pm
Interesting that its a 42" not 44" and a 60".

I wonder why they chose 42" and not 44"????
Title: Introducing the HP Z6100 printer
Post by: chris anderson on April 10, 2007, 03:27:33 pm
looks like a Z2100 ???
Title: Introducing the HP Z6100 printer
Post by: Brian Gilkes on April 10, 2007, 06:00:26 pm
Ron,
I agree. Maybe HP feels this will direct users to their own media, which no doubt will be available in these sizes. The art community and it's suppliers have moved to 44" and I doubt their enthusiasm in moving back to 42". This move may well backfire on HP, at least in this market.
The 60" machine will be welcomed in some circles and I believe Epson will also enter this field, so there is an element of pre-emption here. Personally I have some demand for 60", but I dread handling the media. Canvas would be OK, but paper, providing a suitable range becomes available, would be very difficult to handle. A 44" x 88" print is hard enough.
The immediate question will be if HP has addressed problems cited on other threads that have emerged with extant printers presumably based on the same technology and inkset.
Cheers,
Brian.
www.pharoseditions.com.au
Title: Introducing the HP Z6100 printer
Post by: jpgentry on April 10, 2007, 10:40:15 pm
At that price is there an advantage of this machine over the Canon for production?  It seems to have less nozzles, fewer colors, and the same 700ml ink carts while being alot more expensive.  Espeically for the 42 inch model.  I guess ink cost comparison remain to be seen.

Anyone see any glaring differences between this and the Canon other than the spectro and price?
Title: Introducing the HP Z6100 printer
Post by: michael on April 11, 2007, 07:05:19 am
Note that this is not a 12 ink machine. For this reason, the 42" rather than 44" size, and the lack of art papers in 60" I doubt that this printer is aimed at photographers as much as it is the commercial market.

Michael
Title: Introducing the HP Z6100 printer
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on April 11, 2007, 07:23:20 am
Quote
Note that this is not a 12 ink machine. For this reason, the 42" rather than 44" size, and the lack of art papers in 60" I doubt that this printer is aimed at photographers as much as it is the commercial market.

Michael
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=111835\")

Innova has 60" art papers. Canon must have sources too. There's a wider range of 50" 54"and 60" media available from several sources.


Ernst Dinkla

try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]
Title: Introducing the HP Z6100 printer
Post by: rdonson on April 11, 2007, 09:48:48 am
Quote
Note that this is not a 12 ink machine. For this reason, the 42" rather than 44" size, and the lack of art papers in 60" I doubt that this printer is aimed at photographers as much as it is the commercial market.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111835\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


I suspect you're right, Michael.  The ink carts in the Z6100 are huge compared to the Z2100 and Z3100.