Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: PSQuared7 on April 05, 2007, 02:02:36 pm

Title: Studioprint RIP Software
Post by: PSQuared7 on April 05, 2007, 02:02:36 pm
Does anyboby know whether Studioprint is available for mac users. If not, could you please recommend a comparable solution. Thanks.

Paul
Title: Studioprint RIP Software
Post by: Greg_E on April 05, 2007, 02:30:13 pm
For what printer?

StudioPrint is a Windows application, so you would need to run it on a regular PC or on an Intel Mac with Windows installed.
Title: Studioprint RIP Software
Post by: PSQuared7 on April 05, 2007, 02:33:50 pm
Quote
For what printer?

StudioPrint is a Windows application, so you would need to run it on a regular PC or on an Intel Mac with Windows installed.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110839\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

HP z3100. No way that I will go back to PC. Every major commercial photographer that I know is using MAC only. Thanks.

Paul
Title: Studioprint RIP Software
Post by: rdonson on April 05, 2007, 03:47:08 pm
Quote
HP z3100. No way that I will go back to PC. Every major commercial photographer that I know is using MAC only. Thanks.

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110844\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Paul, you might want to check out Parallels for the Mac.  It allows you to run Windows on your Mac under the Tiger OS.
Title: Studioprint RIP Software
Post by: abiggs on April 05, 2007, 03:59:05 pm
Quote
HP z3100. No way that I will go back to PC. Every major commercial photographer that I know is using MAC only. Thanks.

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110844\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's not that big of a deal. that is what Parallels is for.
Title: Studioprint RIP Software
Post by: Greg_E on April 05, 2007, 05:36:24 pm
It's not that big a deal to put it on a stand alone windows box either. Then your main computer is not bogged down while you are making a bunch of prints.
Title: Studioprint RIP Software
Post by: adiallo on April 05, 2007, 06:55:10 pm
I have to say, the day I brought Windows into my studio (to run StudioPrint) was a tough one philosophically...But after 4+ years of running a clean box with no internet connection and only 3-4 non-OS apps, I have not had any hiccups or problems with the PC. It's ugly, both inside and out, but it gets the job done. My Macs and I, have had some difficult moments over the years but we always make up in the end  

And don't hold your breath for a Mac version of StudioPrint...
When I saw Josh Lubbers at PMA he suggested that somewhere down the road there would be a Mac version of ColorBurst that includes multi-image page layout. That would really be worth checking out.
Title: Studioprint RIP Software
Post by: nemophoto on April 09, 2007, 03:04:47 pm
Quote
HP z3100. No way that I will go back to PC. Every major commercial photographer that I know is using MAC only. Thanks.

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110844\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A little hyperbole here?? I know quite a few, including myself, who are very content to use a PC. My Mac-based graphic designer wife is very happy to have someone who can trouble shoot her Macs -- with regularity. From a printing standpoint, she ends up printing to our RIP-based 4000 via my PC because the color is more accurate when she's proofing her jobs.