Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: tonyswash on April 04, 2007, 01:23:30 pm

Title: Lightroom works really well with GPS data
Post by: tonyswash on April 04, 2007, 01:23:30 pm
I have just tested one of the really compact clip-on GPS units that Reuben Wilcock makes for the D200 on my new Fuji S5 and it works a treat. This means that GPS location data is automatically written into the EXIF everytime you shoot a photo. The GPS unit is here

http://customidea.com/shop/product_info.ph...products_id=121 (http://customidea.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=38&products_id=121)

Once it was attached to the camera I shot a couple of photos in my backyeard and opened them in Lightroom and there in the EXIF data was the Longtitude and Latitude (plus altitude above sea level). I was really pleased to discover that in Lightroom you can click this data to jump to its locations in Google Maps - nice feature!
Title: Lightroom works really well with GPS data
Post by: DaHen on April 04, 2007, 02:29:03 pm
Thanks for testing that feature.

  It good to know that it works.