Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: Astrozoid on April 01, 2007, 02:42:22 am

Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: Astrozoid on April 01, 2007, 02:42:22 am
The Cannon 0D (Zero D) (http://www.astropix.com/wp/2007/04/01/cannon-0d-zero-d-dslr/) is an amazing new DSLR camera body with new XF lens with features that, quite frankly, boggle the mind! Cannon is going to bust the whole world of digital photography upside the head with this new futuristic technology when it is finally released.
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: KAP on April 01, 2007, 04:10:04 am
Quote
The Cannon 0D (Zero D) (http://www.astropix.com/wp/2007/04/01/cannon-0d-zero-d-dslr/) is an amazing new DSLR camera body with new XF lens with features that, quite frankly, boggle the mind! Cannon is going to bust the whole world of digital photography upside the head with this new futuristic technology when it is finally released.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109994\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Haven't you got one of these? Were all using them here in the UK, I can't wait for the mkII with the GPS system. You program the co-ordinates in, then the camera goes off and shoots the job, processes the images, sends out the CD with invoice and emails you when the money turns up.

Kevin.
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: Ben Rubinstein on April 01, 2007, 06:50:53 am
In the UK, 'Cannon' is a cleaning supplies company....
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: Monito on April 01, 2007, 07:01:25 am
That explains the self-cleaning sensor.
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: David Anderson on April 01, 2007, 07:31:42 am
Well I'm not happy, I saw the post count for the poster, the poor spelling and a link and just assumed it was going to be adult content or medication and insted I get that....  
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: mbridgers on April 01, 2007, 07:36:14 am
And, of course, in the US it costs half the UK price.
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: Morris Taub on April 01, 2007, 08:22:12 am
Quote
The Cannon 0D (Zero D) (http://www.astropix.com/wp/2007/04/01/cannon-0d-zero-d-dslr/) is an amazing new DSLR camera body with new XF lens with features that, quite frankly, boggle the mind! Cannon is going to bust the whole world of digital photography upside the head with this new futuristic technology when it is finally released.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109994\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've put in my pre-order at B&H...sounds like the perfect camera body for me...what really sold me was the PET scanner that will detect my subconscious intentions...i've been looking, subconsciously, for something like this for a long time but hadn't thought about it until now...Nikkon, you're way behind the ball...

M
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: MikeMike on April 01, 2007, 08:50:41 am
A fun post for April fools  
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: feppe on April 01, 2007, 09:52:24 am
Quote
A fun post for April fools 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110022\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You think?
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: mahleu on April 01, 2007, 10:06:00 am
Quote
The new FX lens uses a series of pseudo-quantum gravitational singularities in a ring to focus the light with gravity waves.

I can't wait...
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: Ben Rubinstein on April 01, 2007, 12:46:40 pm
Quote
I can't wait...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110033\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Does that mean that the lens will backfocus on a different planet? Bummer!
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 01, 2007, 01:54:14 pm
I just returned mine today, which I picked up next week (pre-ordered in early May.) I thought it might be a good backup for my 5D (Canon, not Cannon,) but when I got it I found it had two glaring flaws:

1.   You have to be very careful with the FX lens, because it acts just like what is called, in laymen's terms, a "black hole." I made the mistake of dropping a Gitzo tripod into the lens, and it just disappeared. I sent my son in to try to retrieve it, and he disappered, too. I did then use it successfully to dispose of some old Selenium Toner I had lying around from my darkroom days, so this might be a good camera for Ray.

2.   It still doesn't have a mirror lock-up button. That's how I know it's a genuine Cannon.

I was also a little concerned when I observed that the manual that came with it was identical to the one Canon provides with the ipx 5000 printer. The documentation is just as poor for the camera as it is for the printer.
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: MikeMike on April 01, 2007, 09:11:04 pm
Who ever wrote this has WAY too much free time on their hands.

Mike
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: Ray on April 02, 2007, 05:49:09 am
That's fun and very imaginative   . There have been some good April Fool's jokes this year. Australia's a bit behind with it's implementation of broadband, so Google (Australia) on their home page was offering free broadband. Can't remember the precise details but it involved flushing down the toilet some sort of dongle with line attached, that would automatically connect to the fibre optic cable in the sewer sytem.

Perhaps I should add, I wasn't particularly interested because I'm on a sceptic tank system   .
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 02, 2007, 01:14:08 pm
Quote
That's fun and very imaginative   . There have been some good April Fool's jokes this year. Australia's a bit behind with it's implementation of broadband, so Google (Australia) on their home page was offering free broadband. Can't remember the precise details but it involved flushing down the toilet some sort of dongle with line attached, that would automatically connect to the fibre optic cable in the sewer sytem.

Perhaps I should add, I wasn't particularly interested because I'm on a sceptic tank system   .
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110181\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi, Ray,

Maybe you and Howard could start a new battle over the wisdom/ethics of flushing dongles down a septic system.  
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: X-Re on April 02, 2007, 01:51:13 pm
Quote
Can't remember the precise details but it involved flushing down the toilet some sort of dongle with line attached, that would automatically connect to the fibre optic cable in the sewer sytem.

     I thought about switching over to TiSP (as they call it) briefly - the price is so attractive... but further research suggests the service is pretty crappy...
Title: New Cannon 0D (Zero D) Camera
Post by: Lisa Nikodym on April 02, 2007, 10:47:41 pm
Man, I showed that link to my spouse the physicist, and he went into hysterics.  He also noted that all the links he tried go to *real* articles!

Lisa