Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: originart on March 31, 2007, 05:44:55 pm

Title: Technique for Channel Mixing?
Post by: originart on March 31, 2007, 05:44:55 pm
Good Afternoon,
I have a converted DSLR for Infrared Shooting and do a very simple conversion in Photoshop that swaps Red and Blue channels by using color mixer.  I would like to create a preset for batch work in Lightroom that operates the same sort of way and have not found a way to swap channels.

Does anyone have any ideas?  

I don't like the split toning concept since it works (to my awareness) with just changing colors of shadows/highlights and found that I can enhance saturation of specific colors but not switch them.

What is normally done in photoshop (give or take) is that I create a channel mixer adjustment where the RED channel is 0% red and green and 100% blue while the BLUE channel is 100% red with 0% green and blue.

I'd love some enlightenment if you have any.

Dan T. (originart)

See Example:
[attachment=2215:attachment]
Title: Technique for Channel Mixing?
Post by: seanmcfoto on April 03, 2007, 04:46:25 pm
I've been trying for something similar myself, but I haven't found a way to emulate it in Lightroom yet.