Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Let Biogons be Biogons on March 31, 2007, 12:07:16 pm

Title: If Mamiya ZD comes to the US -- would you buy one?
Post by: Let Biogons be Biogons on March 31, 2007, 12:07:16 pm
A quick poll to try to gauge the potential market interest in the Mamiya ZD camera body if a way was found to bring it market it in the US.  What do you think?
Title: If Mamiya ZD comes to the US -- would you buy one?
Post by: Let Biogons be Biogons on April 02, 2007, 07:53:12 am
I think it is interesting that after all the claims that the Canon DSLR's, such as the 1DsMkII are just as good as MF digital, that no one had selected the "No, I don't need anything more than my Canon DSLR's give me." poll choice.  Encouraging.
Title: If Mamiya ZD comes to the US -- would you buy one?
Post by: jimgolden on April 02, 2007, 09:56:35 am
seems like if you havent made a choice then you're open to esploring it...like every ohter offering.
Title: If Mamiya ZD comes to the US -- would you buy one?
Post by: Quentin on April 02, 2007, 11:13:36 am
I note the assumption that readers will inevitably be using a Canon dslr.  What about D2x users, for example?  The last Canon camera I owned was an AV1 of early 1980's vintage.

Quentin
Title: If Mamiya ZD comes to the US -- would you buy one?
Post by: Let Biogons be Biogons on April 02, 2007, 12:05:05 pm
Quote
I note the assumption that readers will inevitably be using a Canon dslr.  What about D2x users, for example?  The last Canon camera I owned was an AV1 of early 1980's vintage.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110231\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sure.  I didn't intend the Canon choice to be exclusive.  It was just rying to pick up on a lot of disucssion over the past year or so that suggested MF was doomed and unnecessary and that the Canon 1DsMKII (and potential successors) provided irtually equialent IQ while providing much better high ISO performance, a wider choice of lenses, and faster  operation.  You could group the D2X into that, if you feel it appropriate.
Title: If Mamiya ZD comes to the US -- would you buy one?
Post by: Quentin on April 02, 2007, 03:48:32 pm
Quote
Sure.  I didn't intend the Canon choice to be exclusive.  It was just rying to pick up on a lot of disucssion over the past year or so that suggested MF was doomed and unnecessary and that the Canon 1DsMKII (and potential successors) provided irtually equialent IQ while providing much better high ISO performance, a wider choice of lenses, and faster  operation.  You could group the D2X into that, if you feel it appropriate.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110247\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

"No, I don't need anything more than my Canon DSLR's give me." sounds pretty exclusive to me.  I use a Kodak 14nx as well as a ZD.  Remove the word "Canon" and its fine.  I prefer not to buy my cameras from an office equipment manufacturer, although I hear Canon do make good photocopiers.    

Quentin
Title: If Mamiya ZD comes to the US -- would you buy one?
Post by: Let Biogons be Biogons on April 02, 2007, 07:48:14 pm
Quote
"No, I don't need anything more than my Canon DSLR's give me." sounds pretty exclusive to me.  I use a Kodak 14nx as well as a ZD.  Remove the word "Canon" and its fine.  I prefer not to buy my cameras from an office equipment manufacturer, although I hear Canon do make good photocopiers.   
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110291\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As I said it was not my intent.  No real value in harping on it.  Please feel free to substitute any pro-level DSLR (DX2 or other) for Canon in that particular poll answer and respond accordingly.