Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: scubarob639 on March 30, 2007, 09:20:06 pm

Title: C1LE and Lightroom RAW converters
Post by: scubarob639 on March 30, 2007, 09:20:06 pm
I've been using C1 LE  to convert Raw files from my 1Dmkll for a couple of years. I use their generic 1Dmkll camera profile and my jpegs and tiffs look great.  Recently I downloaded the 30 day trial of Lightroom.  I love the tools it comes with and the layout and printing capability, but the raw converter just doesn't look as good as C1.  The colors are off and the pics look dull.  I there a way to use the C1 camera profile in Lightroom or are there other issues which prevent Lightroom from converting as well as C1?  I've tried various other converters and to my eye, C1 works best.
Title: C1LE and Lightroom RAW converters
Post by: D White on March 31, 2007, 12:59:03 am
I can not get LR to match the results of C1 either.
Title: C1LE and Lightroom RAW converters
Post by: francois on March 31, 2007, 05:28:26 am
Quote
I've been using C1 LE  to convert Raw files from my 1Dmkll for a couple of years. I use their generic 1Dmkll camera profile and my jpegs and tiffs look great.  Recently I downloaded the 30 day trial of Lightroom.  I love the tools it comes with and the layout and printing capability, but the raw converter just doesn't look as good as C1.  The colors are off and the pics look dull.  I there a way to use the C1 camera profile in Lightroom or are there other issues which prevent Lightroom from converting as well as C1?  I've tried various other converters and to my eye, C1 works best.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=109772\")
C1 camera profiles are specific to C1 and cannot be used with Lightroom. What you might want to try is to calibrate Lightroom using Tom Fors script. See whow to do it [a href=\"http://web.mac.com/sidjervis/iWeb/Lightroom%20Extra/FAQ%20SET%20UP.html]here[/url] (look for Camera Calibration - Fors script).