Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Del on March 29, 2007, 08:31:44 pm

Title: How to go from RAW to .jpg?
Post by: Del on March 29, 2007, 08:31:44 pm
OK, so I went on a great vacation, took lots of photos with my Canon DSLR, some I will want to print using my Epson 2400, many others are just vacation snapshots that deserve to be printed much more quickly and economically at Walgreens, Walmart, my local photo dealer Kiosk, etc.

I use photoshop and now Lightroom but am unsure about the best way to save all photos in their RAW format and yet convert many for snapshot purposes.  I use a Dual Processor G5 Mac.

Will one or more of you please share the best way to accomplish this with me?  Thanks in advance.
Title: How to go from RAW to .jpg?
Post by: Monito on March 30, 2007, 09:01:00 am
Use the Canon DPP software that came with your camera.  Select one photo and process is the way you want (capture sharpening, Picture Style, Saturation).  Use the Edit Menu and Copy Recipe To Clipboard.  Select the photos you want to convert and use Paste Recipe.  Then use the Batch Process in the File menu to convert and save them all to Jpeg.
Title: How to go from RAW to .jpg?
Post by: francois on March 30, 2007, 09:25:02 am
Quote
...I use photoshop and now Lightroom but am unsure about the best way to save all photos in their RAW format and yet convert many for snapshot purposes.  I use a Dual Processor G5 Mac.
...
I'm not sure to understand what you did/want! Did you shoot in RAW? If you did, then import all your photos in Lightroom. Adjust them until you're satisfied and then select those you want to export in JPEG. Choose Export Photos from the Edit menu. Set the right options (see screenshot below) in the export dialog and you're all set.
Does it help?