Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: JJP on March 25, 2007, 10:03:46 am

Title: Penguin Swirl
Post by: JJP on March 25, 2007, 10:03:46 am
Need I say more?
jj
Title: Penguin Swirl
Post by: Ben Rubinstein on March 25, 2007, 11:00:48 am
That and the penguin pool, just wow. They transform a good landscape image into having the 'wow' factor that makes a great photograph.
Title: Penguin Swirl
Post by: francofit on March 25, 2007, 12:19:13 pm
The picture is fabulous indeed   [span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'](..it drove my mind even wander back to Dante's scenarios...)[/span]
and I ENJOYED VERY MUCH the comments Michael made about it  here (http://luminous-landscape.com/aa07-portfolio.shtml).  

Thank you Michael!
Title: Penguin Swirl
Post by: CatOne on March 25, 2007, 01:35:22 pm
rofl at the comments.  "Bluvia" indeed  

I note that pretty much EVERYONE that has an image has one of that 'berg.  Many slightly different, but all quite nice looking.
Title: Penguin Swirl
Post by: wolfnowl on March 25, 2007, 04:34:15 pm
Great shot and I loved the anecdote.  Looking at this image I can see penguin families gathered for a great toboggan party!  Didn't see any hot chocolate stands though...

Mike.
Title: Penguin Swirl
Post by: Josh-H on March 25, 2007, 05:57:41 pm
I agree -  its stunning.

I would be interested to know how much post processing was done - Michael, did you burn out that mountain deliberately? It REALLY works well to emphasize that ice swirl.

Would love to see it in print!
Title: Penguin Swirl
Post by: michael on March 25, 2007, 06:01:22 pm
No, it's a fairly straight print. No local corrections at all.

It will be in the show at my gallery which opens in mid-May.

Michael