Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: bdkphoto on March 21, 2007, 04:59:21 pm
-
The specs of the LCD2690WUXi look great, does anyone have one yet, and what do you think of it? TIA.
-
The specs of the LCD2690WUXi look great, does anyone have one yet, and what do you think of it? TIA.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107944\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi!
I am sitting in front of one
Coming from an iMac 20 it has much richer colors, very nice to work with. Sharp, no "too big pixels". Smooth illumination, even with uniform grey desktop.
Calibrated easy, had no problems until now.
I do not have experiences with other 1500-5000$ monitors though and cannot compare.
Hope this helps.
Best,
Clem
-
You should take a look at this extensive thread (33 pages and counting) - there you can find lot of information about that display. All in all it seems to be excellent LCD monitor in terms of its color gamut, display quality etc., but it also has some rather frustrating issues (especially if you're in Europe). On the last few pages of that thread you can find more info on that - it seems that this display emits quite loud high pitched noise, reported by lot of european users. Recently NEC acknowleded this and said to have some solution, but we'll have to see about that.
Anyway, if you're in Europe I think it's best to delay purchase and wait for some of the issues to be solved (or wait for nexr revision or something like that).
-
gorosh-
I don't see the link you refer to. I'm in the US, but would still like to get some feedback, my Sony CRT is on the brink of being unprofileable. Since the NEC is just being introduced, I'd love to get a handle on any bugs or problems before taking the leap.
-
Also, for anyone using the NEC LCD2690WUXi, were there any tricks when using a calibration device (e.g. Eye-One)?
-
The thread is on hardforum.com it is called NEC LCD2690
I Don't have any trouble with mine. I bought it in Montreal Canada.
Mine is fabulous...Love It....Compare to a CRT 19 Lacie wich was dying !
-
The specs of the LCD2690WUXi look great, does anyone have one yet, and what do you think of it? TIA.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107944\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I've got one and it is working well for me. It is the first LCD I've ever used for color critical work and I haven't had any complaints from any clients on the files I'm delivering since I started using it and it seems to calibrate well.
I've been surprised by how little forum chatter there is since it came out compared to before it was delivered. I take that as a good sign since it means that people who are getting them aren't having problems.
Mine has one dead pixel and that is my only complaint.
Josh
-
I've been surprised by how little forum chatter there is since it came out compared to before it was delivered. I take that as a good sign since it means that people who are getting them aren't having problems.
Actually people who bought them have problems, and some very serious issues IMHO, especially if they're in Europe.
Take a look at this gigantic thread about NEC 2690WUXi:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1095840 (http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1095840)
I waited for long time for this display (since it was delayed many times), but now I'm gonna wait 'till some of the issueg get resolved (since I'm in Europe).