Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: duranash on March 14, 2007, 07:19:35 pm

Title: 3800 Ink "shelf life" question
Post by: duranash on March 14, 2007, 07:19:35 pm
Anyone out there been using the 3800 well past 6 months - and do you have any ink carts that have been installed in the printer for well over 6 months?  If so, any problems?  I'm very interested in the printer, but I don't print a great deal - so I'm concerned about problems with ink carts getting "old" for lack of a better word.
Title: 3800 Ink "shelf life" question
Post by: madmanchan on March 14, 2007, 07:27:00 pm
People have generally found with the K3 inks that they can be used for long after the 6 month period cited by Epson (at least well over a year). I assume this generally applies to the 3800 (as it's the same ink set).
Title: 3800 Ink "shelf life" question
Post by: duranash on March 14, 2007, 08:51:16 pm
I also just read on your website that the 3800 didn't start shipping until around Nov 2006 anyway.  But thanks for referencing people's experience with other printers using the same ink.
Title: 3800 Ink "shelf life" question
Post by: eronald on March 15, 2007, 01:01:40 am
Quote
I also just read on your website that the 3800 didn't start shipping until around Nov 2006 anyway.  But thanks for referencing people's experience with other printers using the same ink.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106686\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The K3 inks are amazingly stable, and also consistent from batch to batch.

Luckily.

Because otherwise you'd have to reprofile after every single cartridge change.

Edmund