Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: meresider on March 12, 2007, 06:16:49 am

Title: Photoshop 7 Help Please
Post by: meresider on March 12, 2007, 06:16:49 am
Hi Guys

Photoshop 7 Actions Help Please.

I have fifty images already cropped to 7.5 x 5 in. in a separate folder.
My aim is to create a book, A4, with one image on each page, with different descriptive text on each page.
I would also like to put a stroke line, 1/4in from the edge of the image.
Will it be possible to create an Action, with possibly some stops, so that I can automate this task for me?

I have tried recording an Action putting in stops etc, but I can’t get it to run.
If anyone can give me a step by step (I’m a bit of a thicko) method of doing this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks a lot,
Jimbo
Title: Photoshop 7 Help Please
Post by: Jack Flesher on March 12, 2007, 09:46:03 am
Not sure it will work in PS7 -- been a long time since I used it.

1) Image>Canvas size> add 1/4" relative

2) Select All

3) Edit>Stroke>INSIDE, but whatever color and pixel width you want.

4) Save As

Once this is recorded, you should be able to batch it.

Cheers,
Title: Photoshop 7 Help Please
Post by: meresider on March 12, 2007, 10:52:56 am
Quote
Not sure it will work in PS7 -- been a long time since I used it.

1) Image>Canvas size> add 1/4" relative

2) Select All

3) Edit>Stroke>INSIDE, but whatever color and pixel width you want.

4) Save As

Once this is recorded, you should be able to batch it.

Cheers,
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106243\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Jack,

I want to put different Text on each page

Jimbo
Title: Photoshop 7 Help Please
Post by: Jack Flesher on March 12, 2007, 11:04:05 am
Quote
Thanks Jack,

I want to put different Text on each page

Jimbo
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106253\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Putting a stop in the action on the "Save As" should allow you to add the text.
Title: Photoshop 7 Help Please
Post by: meresider on March 14, 2007, 05:34:11 am
Quote
Putting a stop in the action on the "Save As" should allow you to add the text.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106257\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks,

Jim