Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: gfergeson on March 06, 2007, 10:41:51 pm

Title: Epson 4000 vs 4800 with Cone system K7 inks
Post by: gfergeson on March 06, 2007, 10:41:51 pm
I am dithering over whether to find a used 4000 to dedicate to the Piezo inks or get a new 4800 instead. Has anyone information about whether the prints using the Cone system in the 4000 would suffer any deficiencies as compared with the same inks in the 4800? I currently use my 2400 with the Piezo inks but the cartridges are very small and the process is less economical than it would be with the larger printers.
Title: Epson 4000 vs 4800 with Cone system K7 inks
Post by: Let Biogons be Biogons on March 07, 2007, 09:21:45 am
Quote
I am dithering over whether to find a used 4000 to dedicate to the Piezo inks or get a new 4800 instead. Has anyone information about whether the prints using the Cone system in the 4000 would suffer any deficiencies as compared with the same inks in the 4800? I currently use my 2400 with the Piezo inks but the cartridges are very small and the process is less economical than it would be with the larger printers.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105141\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just installed the Piezography K7 inks in a 4000.  My understanding was that the 4800 and 4000 will produce the same quality images.  The difference is primarily that the 4800 is a little faster.  I am not aware of any other substantive differences there might be when using the Piezography inks.