Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Graham Mitchell on March 06, 2007, 10:38:14 pm

Title: Arca Swiss B1 and Rollei quick coupling?
Post by: Graham Mitchell on March 06, 2007, 10:38:14 pm
The B1 comes in two configurations: one with a simple thread (1/4" or 3/8") and one with a quick release mechanism.

1) if you buy one type, can you convert it to the other. In other words, is the QR mechanism detachable and can a simple thread be used in its place?

2) I have a Rollei 6008 with the excellent Rollei quick coupling attachment, which accepts a standard thread in the base. I want to use this with a B1. Should this work? Anyone doing this?

3) If the B1 isn't going to work with the Rollei device, then which is the best ballhead that offers a compatible thread attachment?

Here is the Rollei quick coupling attachment that I want to mount on a ballhead:

(http://www.adorama.com/images/Product/RLTQ.jpg)