Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Henrik Paul on March 06, 2007, 06:45:01 pm
-
I completed a review of Pantone's entry-level calibrator called Huey (http://pantone.com/pages/products/product.aspx?pid=79&ca=2). It's a compelling option for those who are interested in color management, but still are not quite sure how important it is for themselves.
"Traditionally, having accurate color management when doing critical color work requires a ton of money. First, you need a high-end screen (in the thousands of euros for TFT:s) and an equally high-end spectrophotometer (from several hundred up to two thousand euros) to calibrate your screen with. If you print your own prints, you also need a calibrator that can calibrate prints, and probably a white-balanced proofing lamp to check your prints. Naturally, with that kind of money, you get a combination you can bet your life on to get spot-on colors every time.
But what about those who don't have monitors that cost more than a month's salary, or don't require the colors to be absolutely, positively 100% accurate, just as long as they are "good enough"? There are some inexpensive calibrators around, but one of them really caught my out with a nice additional feature. The product I'm talking about, is the Pantone Huey."
The full article (http://henrik.paul.fi/articles.php?a=11) can be read from my website (http://henrik.paul.fi/).
All constructive critique is welcome either by email or in this thread.
-
I like your photograph.
But I'd like a direct opinion: Would you prefer to have a Huey or a Spyder or equivalent ?
Edmund
-
It's difficult for me to say, because I haven't used the Spyder2 Express. If the Express has the same hardware calibrator as Suite and does an equally throughout job when calibrating, then there's an advantage to Spyder. But I'd need to compare them side by side to give a fair answer, as they cost about the same, too.
-
And then there's the newer Pro version....
-
And then there's the newer Pro version....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105308\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Would you look at that... I wonder if Pantone would be kind enough to let me do a follow-up...
Thanks for the info, digitaldog!